The new General Data Protection Regulations come into effect on May 25th 2018. This page explains why Brainbox Coaching asks for your information, how it is stored and how long for.
As a 1:1 client, you will be asked to complete a Physical Activity Readiness Questionnaire (PAR-Q),a consultation form and an informed consent form before beginning a training programme. This information:
- confirms that you are healthy enough to safely undertake a programme of exercise
- provides information about any conditions or injuries we need to be aware of to work safely with you, including pregnancy
- ensures that you are aware of any risks involved in undertaking an exercise programme
- is required by our insurers
- allows us to better work with you to achieve your stated goals.
Your information is either stored online and is password protected or stored securely in hard copy form. Your forms will be deleted or shredded when you cease 1:1 training and you will be asked to complete them again if you resume.
Brainbox Coaching does not use mailing lists. Therefore your email address or phone number will only be used to contact you directly about any current training or in reply to a specific query, or if you have asked to be notified of a workshop place or cancellation.
Brainbox Coaching does not share client information with third parties. If a referral is made to another specialist (for example, a physiotherapist), we will ask you to contact them yourself, rather passing your information on to them.
By preference, Brainbox Coaching uses PayPal for online payments. You should be aware that by using this service, you are making your contact details available to PayPal, which will have its own data protection policy. If you prefer to pay via a direct bank transfer, please ask.
For any further questions about how we store and use your data, please email us at email@example.com